Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family Trip

We finally made it to Colorado!
It was an arduous task driving straight through for the better part of sixteen hours. While making this trip, several things became clear to me. If the kids in the Donner Party were fighting in the back seat, I totally understand why they were eaten.
We're accustomed to making this trek in the winter time. It was a novelty to make the trip without freezing off the protruding parts of our bodies. It was also a delight to see the parched beauty of the American west in all of its splendor. As we rolled through the mountain pass at Raton, New Mexico, I could just imagine the settlers screaming, " If I have to tell you one more time to stop picking at each other, I'm pulling this wagon over and you're going to walk the rest of the way!"
Today, as in pioneer days, cell coverage sucks.
Also, until now, I never understood why dad farted in the car.
Revenge.

No comments: